Thursday, March 26, 2009

Journal Entry : 25th March 2009 : A Test of My Spirit

Submitted by Paul Sebastian :D

Scripture :

1 John 4:2,3
This is how you can recognise the Spirit of God. Every spirit that acknowledges that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is from God,
But every spirit that does not acknowledge Jesus is from God. This is the spirit of the antichrist, which you have heard is coming and even now is already in the world.


Observation:
God continues to call us to tests things/spirits on our own. As Christ lives in us His Spirit shows us how to decipher the good and bad spirits. Peace & Joy should be an overwhelming theme of our lives because He lives. Peace at all times in all circumstances, good and bad times

Application:
What is the proclaimation of my life? Do I accept the whole theme of Christ and all that He has done, doing now and going to do. His life, Birth, Living, Teaching, Miracles, Showing and Applying Truth, Dying, Forgiving, Rising from the dead, Now In Heaven, Intereceeding and Judge.
What I see with my eyes and belief in my heart must testify of His truth, peace and love. To be sure of how my life is being lead, it is a test of my own spirit, my own heart.. He therefore must live in me.

Response (in prayer)
Lord I give you my heart, Let my heart not wander. Let Your truth guide my heart and mind. When I speak the truth, I want to speak it boldly, as people see Your truth being applied, they will see You are the way. And I will be able to testify and atest to Your great work in my life, and stand the tests and not be misguided by the Evil one.

No comments: