Friday, April 10, 2009

Journal Entry 10 April 2009 : Good Friday.. Wisdom to answer ? Focus on the task ahead

Scripture

11Jesus answered, "You would have no power over me if it were not given to you from above. Therefore the one who handed me over to you is guilty of a greater sin."

12From then on, Pilate tried to set Jesus free, but the Jews kept shouting, "If you let this man go, you are no friend of Caesar. Anyone who claims to be a king opposes Caesar."

Observation

Jesus always spoke the truth for He knew what He was to endured, as He had already accepted the "cup of suffering".. This cup was offered to be taken away so many times.
The pain He felt at that time would have been already excruciating, and I'm sure the temptation to give up would be great.

But Christ held on to His belief and answered in wisdom. v11

Pilate had a "chance" to redeem himself, however he didn't. Thank God he didn't but at the same time it shows the character that Pilate was. A People pleaser. How many times have we become a people pleaser? and compromised on doing the right thing.
In this situation doing the right thing would actually have been the wrong thing. I believe that this teaches us to have a bigger picture on things.



Application:

Efficacy is the word. Doing the right thing with the right motive at the right time to achieve the desired result. Christ, didn't just "allow" himself to be led to the "cross" but he plotted that this would be the death to experience as according to scripture. I admire Jesus' resolute to the goal. He knew he too would rise form the dead, but that separation from God was too much too bear. What about myself? Am I able to suffer for my faith. I scaredly and sadly say no. But I do want to have this mindset.

Response:

Lord let my heart respond as ho you'd want me to respond. Amen

No comments: