Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Journal Entry 7th April : No shortcuts.. Just Follow Jesus!

Scripture
Jn 12:27-28
27"Now my heart is troubled, and what shall I say? 'Father, save me from this hour'? No, it was for this very reason I came to this hour. 28Father, glorify your name!"

Observation:
"Now my heart is troubled" .. what's this mean?
Jesus troubled? Why not? He was man after all. But since he knows all that's going to happen why be troubled?
After all, He's gonna be ressurected.
But I do believe being human at the same time, he knows what it's like to experience pain.. even more excruciating pain. Even at the last moment He said "Let this cup of suffering pass over me"
He still had a choice to avoid the suffering, but He still chose the Father's will over his own comfort, suffering, and even His own glory.

Application:

Do I take any shortcuts when faced with troubled times? Do I push the buck when the going gets tough?
I am tempted many times, and even considered them. I want this verse to be a reminder to me about such times and say "Father Glorify Your Name" .. not that I become a dumb sacrifice, but a meaningful sacrifice. The Lord will surely rescue me and turn the situation around. Commitment to a daily life of seeing beyond the present.. Live for the eternal treasures

Response :
Lord thank you for your your example in life. If it had not been for you all of us would perish, because we would not have a role model like you. Thank you Lord.. teach me to gain perspective like yours!

No comments: