Sunday, April 12, 2009

Journal Entry 12 April 2009 : Easter Sunday, You Call Me By NAME!

Scripture

Mk 16:7
7But go, tell his disciples and Peter, 'He is going ahead of you into Galilee. There you will see him, just as he told you.' "

Observation:

I find that as I have read this scripture and heard it being read so many times.. it's a bit dry to me. but, I have a question.. why say " Disciples and Peter" ? What is that distinction that the angel was saying? Is it perhaps a special reminder for Peter about his self-abdicated state of leadership amongst the disciples?

Peter must've still been grieving in guilt. And this was the beginning of his reinstatement.


Application:

God continues to share his care for Peter, as he does each day for all of us. As His children who may have strayed, said the wrong thing to offend someone, to lie, to deny truth etc etc. He says.. come back all's fine. Just don't do it again..
I need to continue to seek God as my forgiving saviour, who reinstates me and learn from these daily mistakes. He neither condemns me, nor does he want to be separate from me.

Response:

Lord thank you for being just you! For loving me, loving us so dearly, that you call me by NAME!

No comments: