Thursday, April 2, 2009

Journal Entry 31 March 2009 :What's My Intimacy Level?

Scripture
Heb 10:22
Let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us fom a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water

Observation:

God continues to call us to draw near to Him. There is a whole theme of union with Him throughout the Bible. The Communion, The Cleansing, His Glory is also ours etc etc.

He asks for our sincerity, as true & close friend, like a person whom we turn to at all times.

The song "Yesus (Kau Sahabatku)"

Whom do I turn to in troubled times? Am I hungering for God (as this true friend) that there's this desire to commune and communicate with Him daily.
We should know that His words and counsel are always wise and just right for us.

Application:
Sadly my time with Him is not as intimate as I'd like it to be.My journalling affair has dropped from a daily affair to about 3 times a week. It shows that I am not intentional with my time with Him. The intimate times with the Lord isn't like the times I spend with my wife each night before I sleep.
Journalling has become a mere reading and not writing it down. I think some of the things do crowd different times in my life. Like work, a hectic work schedule.
Perhaps waking up earlier in the morning is a better option for me. Or At night 1130 to 1200 (before I catch my Retro shows .. heheh)

It is an intentional time to journal because mornings is not the time when my Brian is working.

Because I MUST agreed that in HARD times, what stands out most apparently is our character that is built in the times spent before. This exercise/tool of journalling is building the bricks for our character as we reflect each day. It is God's direct word for me.

Response:
Lord... help me journal EACH and EVERYDAY!

No comments: